Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Perseverance. It isn't a dirty word.

"Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson

Perseverance. It is the KEY to everything.

My words of wisdom for today.

I will continue to believe that "I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me."

I will continue to try not to say things to myself that I would never, ever-in-a-million-years say to anyone in my outside voice.

I will continue to make lists of "To Do's" that don't get done on the day I hope they will, but they do get done eventually.

I will continue to wake up in the morning and tell myself "I like getting up in the morning." (isn't there something about if you tell a lie long enough that it becomes the truth...?! *wink wink*)

I will continue to believe in myself. That I lost 100 pounds in 2011. That I will lose these 30 that I've gained back. That I did it. I did it. I really, really, really did it.

A Question:
Why don't I (can't I) believe that I did it? Do I not believe it because I did it with help?
Do I not believe it because it happened so fast? Do I not believe it because I listen to the 'the duck?' (another post will explain the duck).

We all have the chance and ability to start over again. Each day (thank God) is a new beginning.

I am a New Creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment