Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What Gets Me Out Of Bed In The Morning?

I'm starting a new habit focus (per Leo Babuta's 6changes.com guideline) in March, and the new habit will be to go to bed earlier so I can get up earlier and Get. Stuff. Done. in the morning.

It used to be that I wanted to get up to get my chores out of the way.

Now... I think I have to do some chores, but still have mornings where I'm doing something I love -- as that will get me out of bed in the morning.

What used to get me out of bed was the thought of a nice, hot, cinnamon frosted Pop-tart. Yep. YUM! Seriously... that would get my tuckus out of the warm, soft, comfy bed and get me moving.  Mmmmmm....

With Medifast, however ~ Pop-tarts are a distant memory, and while I may come up with a kopy-cat kind of recipe some time in the future... it isn't going to be the thing that gets me up outta bed.

I love to watch the sunrise with a steaming cup of tea ~ listening to the birds really squeak and squawk and chirp and twirp so very loudly in the mornings.
I like to have time to read the Bible and pray or meditate.
I like to have time to write Blog posts.
I like to get my house chores Out Of The Way! So I don't have to do them at night or in the afternoons.
I like checking my calendar for the day's week's focus and/or priorities (something I rarely do in the mornings).
I like getting the exercise OUT of the WAY too! I'm usually so groggy, though, and don't have anything in mind or laid out that if Rascal even gets walked, he's lucky.
I like the fact that I've planned my meals and prepped for dinner -- so I'm not groping at random ingredients that I hope will be tolerated for dinner... or worse -- succumbing to frozen delights.

But none of those things excite me like a cinnamon Pop-tart.

*sigh* ~ Maybe promising myself that I can work on doing the DCP every morning, or putting my music in order, or (YES!) making a card or two for someone... spending 30 minutes to an hour every day doing those things would certainly be the FUN FACTOR to get me up!

Maybe I've hit my inspiration!!

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” - Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment